Breaking News

Odemwingie may face disciplinary actions for comments on Twitter


Osaze Odemwingie recently lashed out at coach Stephen Keshi and members of the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) on his twitter page for not being included in the African Nations Cup squad. (If you missed it, read it HERE).

A top NFF official told reporters this week that Osaze would not be allowed to go unpunished for the comments he made on Twitter. He said the case will be referred to the federation's disciplinary committee to investigate and make recommendations to the executive committee for the next line of action. The NFF rep said they plan to make a statement with the action they will take against Osaze.
Meanwhile, Osaze has concluded and accepted that his days with Super Eagles are over

“It is clear now that my days with the Super Eagles are over as I expected to be left out of the ANC squad because we have had a few issues before. I played a very good 10 years from 2002 to 2012 but I don't want to be with a coach who doesn’t want me.I still love my country and care about the football but I already wasn't feeling the way I would have liked to feel. Last month I spoke with Keshi because I didn’t play in a few games with the national team and he said my body language didn't show that I wanted to play for the team but body language for the Nigerian coach is that you have to be calling him all the time and greeting him but for me football is an official thing,” Osaze said

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

No comments