Breaking News

68 Year Old Grandmother Auditions For X-Factor Nigeria



A 68-year-old woman, Mrs. Evelyn D. Lawson, and her 42-year-old son, Minabo S. Lawson, caused sensation at the audition of the X-Factor singing TV Reality Show held in Port Harcourt on Saturday.

Lawson, a chorister, who released her first album in August last year, was the cynosure of all eyes at the Presidential Hotel, venue of the audition, as she queued up to be accredited and got tag no 389, just as her son, was accredited for the auditions with tag no 579, at the show powered by Globacom.

Dressed in a light green flowing gown, Madam Lawson said that she had been looking for a big platform like the one provided by Globacom to showcase her talent and innate ability to dish out melodious songs for the enjoyment of the people.

“That Globacom provided this opportunity shows that the company does not discriminate against age or sex. I’m here because a company like Globacom has decided to give my generation the opportunity to be part of this event and I hope to make it to the end,” she said.

The elderly woman said she did not feel out of place competing with her grandchildren for the star prize of N24m in the singing TV Reality Show, pointing out that talent “could be discovered at any stage in one’s life. And those who advertised this show did not say, ‘Mama, don’t come, and more importantly, I was registered and given a number like others.”

Expressing why he decided to give the audition a shot, Minabo Lawson said that he used to be a back-up singer for his mother “and when this opportunity came, I said that I will try my luck too and see what I can actually do.

“The fact that I’m allowed to participate is self-fulfilling for me and a great boost to my career. I have no doubt I will learn one or two things at the audition that will be useful in my career in future and I give credit to Globacom for this wonderful opportunity,” he added.

X Factor is a reality TV singing competition designed to discover new talents and is open to all ages, sex and styles, solo acts or group performance.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS