Breaking News

Fake Doctor Confesses, "I Stole The Medical Licence From Another Doctor In Ghana"

Doctor's Outfit

On Thursday, a man suspected to be fake medical practitioner, Michael Akorful was arrested  in FESTAC Town, Lagos. Not only that, he was also accused of impersonation.

Michael, 28, a Ghananian, known as Dr. Hilarious Abiwu, was arrested by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and Health Facility Monitoring Agency (HEFAMA).

Michael, who said he has been practising until he mismanaged a patient who was brought to his hospital, confessed that he is not a medical doctor but stole the licence from another doctor in Ghana.

According to him, “I was in school in Ukraine but could not graduate. I ran away from the school because I was to be arrested for being a witness to a crime. I went out to a joint with my friends one day and there was a fight. In the course of the fight, somebody died. The police arrested the guy and were looking for me, so I ran away.”

On how he began to practise, he said one of his friends called Obinna Uche, a businessman, gave him the licence with which he is working with. “When I ran away from the school, I went to meet my friend Obinna who gave me the documents. So, I came down to Nigeria and obtained a license to practice.”

Michael after much interrogation admitted that he stole the license by from one Dr. Abiwu Hilarious.

Dr. Henry Okwuokenye HOD Inspectorate Department of (MDCN) who led the team said the licence was not given to Michael by anybody, adding that he lived with Dr. Abiwu for two months and stole his licence.

“From our investigation, it was revealed that he stole the documents from Dr. Abiwu Hilarious Asiwome Kosi in Ghana. When Michael came to us, he presented himself as the owner of the documents and registered for our assessment examination that is done by all trained foreign medical doctors.

He did the examination twice and failed and on the third seating, he passed and we gave him a provisional licence. In the process of verifying his documents, we discovered that his licences were stolen from another doctor in Ghana. We contacted the Medical and Dental Council in Ghana, which gave us the relevant documents and the real photograph of the doctor, who also wrote to us.

“Since then, we have been looking for him until report came to us that he mismanaged a patient. That was how we got his address,” he said. Okwuokenye advised quack doctors in Nigeria to look for genuine business to do, adding that the MDCN was prepared to rid the medical profession of quacks.
 

TELL YOUR FRIENDS