Breaking News

Governor Aregbesola Denies Slapping Deputy


photo

Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola has denied ever slapping his deputy, Mrs. Grace Tomori, stressing that the rumor was aimed at causing disaffection capable of destabilising the state. The governor said a cordial relationship exists between the two of them.
He added that “I have never beaten anybody in my life. In fact, I don’t beat my children, let alone beating any other person. More so, the Deputy Governor is older than me, so how do I beat an elderly person.”
Governor Aregbesola, who spoke during a seven hour live programme tagged ‘Ogbeni till day break,’ weekend, maintained: “I don’t have any quarrel with my Deputy, and I can’t have any with her because I intentionally chose her and no one choose her for me.
“I think I can work with her and that is why I chose her. So, no differences exist between us.”
The deputy governor who was also present at the programme confirmed the claims of the governor when she
was asked to respond to the allegation that the governor once slapped her.
The deputy governor stressed that a cordial relationship exists between her and the governor,, adding that she would remain loyal to the governor.
On the crisis rocking the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF), Governor  Aregbesola said: “Let the NGF take care of itself. The forum is a voluntary one and it is not compulsory that every Governor is a member.”
He also denied insinuation that the debt profile of the state has risen to N300 billion, saying that the opposition was only making the allegation to destabilise the progress of the state and cause confusion.
…lauded by Okonjo-Iweala, World Bank, over good governance
The Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala,  has observed that Osun State governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, through his programmes, has demonstrated that good governance is possible.
Also, the World Bank confirmed that the Federal Government’s Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO) was replicated from the Osun Youth Empowerment Scheme (OYES) started by Aregbesola.
In the same breath, the governor said that the nation would be great economically only if its people became very productive.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS