Breaking News

Rivers State Police Commissioner Calls Governor Amaechi a Dictator

 
It is clear that the Rivers State Police Commissioner, Joseph Mbu, was posted to the state to frustrate the giant strides of Governor Rotimi Amaechi, who has successfully restored peace to the troubled state. I lived in Port Harcourt for well over 25 years and I know how bad things were before Amaechi came on board; people were killed in broad day light. Amaechi changed all that!
Whatever the case, can you imagine the Inspector General of police calling President Goodluck Jonathan a dictator? I bet he will be sacked immediately. This is what is going on...

The plot to remove governor Amaechi from power at all cost, KD Blog gathered, took a dangerous twist on Thursday as the state police boss called him names, describing him as a tyrant.

Mr Mbu, who spoke with newsmen in Port Harcourt, also dared anyone to embark on a protest in the state without seeking police permission, a threat aimed at intimidating Amaechi's supporters.

Below is Mr Mbu's words:
“The office of the governor is a respected office. Sometimes, silence is golden but sometimes it is misconstrued. I have respect for Governor Amaechi but his attacks on me are going beyond bounds.

“Our governor is very tyrannical, he is a dictator. He wants everybody to say ‘yes sir’ to him and I said I will not say so. I am a professional.

“The governor should please stop playing politics with my name. I will tell the whole world why the governor is against me in the next interview. I will also tell you the crime rate before I came to Rivers and what the situation is now.”
Gov Amaechi had on Tuesday lamented the increasing rate of kidnapping and armed robbery and expressed reservation over Mbu’s commitment to tackle the situation. He also said the CP usually disclose information from Rivers State security council meeting to people in Abuja, who in turn frustrate his efforts.
And I ask; is a Police Commissioner not suppose to say 'yes sir' to a state governor? Is the IG of Police not saying 'yes sir' to the President?

TELL YOUR FRIENDS