Breaking News

Selling Luis Suarez Would Make Liverpool Look 'Stupid' - Jamie Carragher

photo Jamie Carragher says Liverpool owner John W Henry would look "stupid" if the club sold striker Luis Suarez to Arsenal.

Jamie Carragher says Liverpool owner John W Henry would look "stupid" if the club sold striker Luis Suarez to Arsenal. Henry rejected a £40,000,001 bid for the Uruguay striker last month - a bid the player claimed would trigger a buy-out clause if it came from a club in the Champions League - and has since told the Gunners to give up their pursuit of the 26-year-old.
Suarez has been ordered to train with the reserves until he apologises to his team-mates and former Reds defender and Sky Sports pundit Carragher believes Liverpool must stick to their guns having made their position so clear.
"I expect him to stay at Liverpool now," he said.
"I think if you come out as owner and say that, and then something happens, you make yourself look stupid. I'm glad he has done it and I think everyone in football should be glad he has done it. It is maybe a message
for players.
"I trained with him once this summer and you are talking about probably one of the best trainers I have ever seen. I've only seen him once. God knows what he has been like all pre-season, but he hasn't been his normal self."
Carragher says the players would accept him back in the fold, adding: "He's the best player. It probably all affects supporters more, who absolutely love the club. Players come and go at different times; we are all probably selfish, we think about our own situation.
"I think a lot of them will be probably focused on getting themselves ready for the start of the league. I'm sure they will want Luis to stay because it gives them more chance of being successful."

TELL YOUR FRIENDS