Breaking News

Nigeria's oldest Pastor dies at 114

 
Founder and President of the Gospel Apostolic Church, Pa Samuel Sadela, who is described as the oldest pastor in Nigeria, has died at the age of 114.

Pa Sadela died yesterday August 26th at the church premises. The church has already opened a condolence register in front of its premises. Pa Samuel was born in 1900 and started his pastoral journey in 1928.
 
He made news headlines in 2007 when at the age of 107 years, he took a 30 year old wife, 6 years after his second wife passed away.

Pa Samuel, an indigene of Ondo state, first got married in 1934, with the marriage lasting for 21 years, but none of the couple’s seven children lived beyond their infancy. A second marriage, said to have been consummated in 1965, was blessed with four children, but only two survived. His second wife died in 2001.

While celebrating his 113th birthday last year, Pa Samuel said he wished to live up to 200 years
“I feel happy to be this old. Actually, I feel like a young man. I still enjoy my meal of Iyan (pounded yam), Eba and bush meat. I sleep whenever I want to and wake up stronger. I want to live longer to prove to all that God remains the same as He was in times past. If Methuselah could live for 969 years, God can make me live well beyond 113. If Noah could be 950, it is not too much for Him to make me live up to 200.” He said
May his soul rest in peace...Amen.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS