Breaking News

2015: President Jonathan Thanks PDP NEC For Endorsement

President Goodluck Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan has reacted to his endorsement by the National Executive Committee, NEC of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP as the party’s sole Presidential candidate for 2015 Presidential election.
Accepting the endorsement, Jonathan said he was humbled and overwhelmed by the decision, Vanguard reports.
President Goodluck Jonathan
He said: “Adopting me as the sole candidate of the party has humbled. Me. I am totally overwhelmed. When the governors came up in a jointly signed paper, though House of Representatives started it, governors’ intervention was like an atomic bomb, I commend all departments of the NEC.
“I am so overwhelmed that I lack words to express myself. I leave it for another day. For today, for you to have that kind of confidence, I am extremely challenged.”
He promised not to disappoint the PDP governors, the leaders, stakeholders and members of the party.

He thanked the governors who initiated the action, members of Board of trustee (BoT), senate president,
members of the National Assembly, PDP women and the NEC.
The PDP had announced that it would be holding its presidential primaries on December 6, 2014.
Though President Jonathan has not yet declared his ambition to come back for a second term, the PDP NEC adopted Jonathan as the party’s sole Presidential candidate for 2015 Presidential election.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS