Breaking News

Photos: Atiku Abubakar meets with young people in Lagos

 
Former VP and aspiring presidential candidate of the APC, Atiku Abubakar had an interactive session with some youths in Lagos on Saturday Sept. 20th. During the meeting, Atiku said if elected, 50% of his cabinet will be made of qualified young people. See more pics from the event below:
 
Asked if any of his children study here in Nigeria, Atiku said 
"My daughters went to ABU(Ahmadu Bello University Zaria), one in Medicine, one in Pharmacy. The strikes did drive some of my kids abroad. They needed to finish on time. This is unfortunate and we need to fix it. Student fees do not cover AUN's recurrent expenditures. I cover that for now"
Asked if he will be defecting to any other party after his defection from PDP to APC, Atiku says the APC is "my last bus stop".
On how to improve executive accountability, Atiku advised that young people should elect better House of Assembly and Representative members. 
Dispelling rumors of being declared wanted in America. Atiku said he has an American visa which was issued last year but that he has no reason to visit the United states for now as his family doesn't live there anymore.
On how he would be improving the economy if elected President, Atiku said he would be focusing on 
"Agriculture and Human resource base. Our economy does not need to be resource based. Our resources should be a means to an end. Our people must be willing to take risks. My first real business in transportation (hire purchase). I actually lost my transport business but I tried again. I kept on. Young entrepreneurs need access to low interest funding and business information".

TELL YOUR FRIENDS