Breaking News

'I shouldn’t have trusted some people' – Former Plateau Governor has “learned” his lesson

dariyee

Former Governor of Plateau, Chief Joshua Dariye, says he regrets trusting many people while he was in office.
Dariye, who currently represents Plateau Central in the Senate, told journalists on Monday, 20 October, that in hindsight, he would do many things differently.
He said, “Looking back at my eight years as governor, and with the benefit of hindsight, there are so many things I would have done differently. But, one clear thing I regret is that I trusted many people that did not deserve to even come near me.”
Senator Dariye said his eyes opened very widely after he left office, which led him to regret associating with, and trusting so many people that turned out to be “green snakes in green grass.”
He urged those in leadership positions to place the interest of the public far above their selfish desires, saying that such sacrifice was crucial for the progress of the country. He added that current leaders should learn to respect their predecessors, if they expected their successors to also respect them after their tenure.

“I think it is an unwritten law of nature; what goes round, must surely come round because history has a stubborn way of repeating itself,” he said.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS