Breaking News

Court Dissolves Marriage Over Husband’s Laziness


An Ilorin Area Court on Thursday dissolved a four-year-old marriage between Amuda Wasiu and Babalati on grounds of husband's laziness.
Amuda, 34, a resident of Niger Road, Ilorin, urged the court to dissolve her marriage to Wasiu.
The petitioner told the court that her husband was not ready to struggle to provide for the family needs.
“My husband only sleeps at home shamelessly and expects me to bring home food for us to survive,” she said.
She said the marriage was contracted in 2009 and had produced two male children, aged four and two.
“My lord, I want an end to this marriage because I cannot tolerate it anymore with an idle man,” said the plaintiff.
The respondent did not object to the prayer of his wife, saying he had tried all he could to get a job but all efforts proved abortive. “I don’t know why my wife keeps frustrating me while she knows what I am passing
through,” he said.
He prayed the court to grant the prayer of his wife without delay.
The presiding Judge, Mr. Ibrahim Abdulquadri, dissolved the marriage and issued a certificate of divorce to the petitioner.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS