Breaking News

BECOMING DESPERATE: British Prime Minister Vows To Export Gay Marriage Worldwide

 

UK – Nigerians have condemned the reported plans by the British Prime Minister, Mr David Cameron, to embark on a campaign to globalise gay marriage, saying that there is no room for such alien culture in Nigeria.

Cameron was quoted yesterday in some online media as having ambition to take the message of gay marriage around the world, saying he would deploy his ministers to different parts of the world to carry the campaign. Cameron spoke of his pride at legalising same sex marriage, just a year after explicitly giving a personal guarantee to do it by 2015 at a reception for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans-sexual community at 10 Downing Street, London. He reportedly told guests at the same reception one year on that Britain was now “the best place to be gay, lesbian or transgender out of anywhere in Europe”.
He added: “That is a great achievement. That’s not my measure; that is an internationally recognised measure. But there’s still a lot more work to be done.”

He said that he wanted to “export” same s*x marriage around the world so that other countries could follow suit.

He said: “I’ve told the Bill team I’m now going to reassign them because, of course, all over the world people would have been watching this piece of legislation and we’ve set something, I think, of an example of how to pass good legislation in good time.

“Many other countries are going to want to copy this. And, as you know, I talk about the global race, about how we’ve got to export more and sell more so I’m going to export the bill team. I think they can be part of this global race and take it around the world.”

In his speech, he told guests four times how proud he was to have been Prime Minister when same sex marriage was legalised in Britain, describing the process of legalising gay marriage as “a long, tortuous parliamentary process”.

He said: “I’m personally proud of this. I think I’m probably the only Conservative Prime Minister who’s taken this step, but I’m very proud to have taken it. I think it’s a really good step, and thank you for helping me to stick with the plan and get it done so quickly.”

Mr Cameron said the move was as important to homosexual people and their parents.

He said: “A mum came up to me the other day in the street in my constituency and said, ‘Why I’m so pleased about this is that I’ve got a straight son and a gay daughter, and I now know I’m going to be able to go to both of their weddings and that makes me really happy’.”

During the event, Mr Cameron, together with his team of ministers behind the legislation, signed a copy of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013.

No Room For Gay Marriage In Nigeria – CAN

In a swift reaction, the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, said that there is no room for gay marriage in Nigeria.

The General Secretary of CAN, Rev. Musa Asake who spoke with LEADERSHIP Friday in a telephone interview, said that the British Prime Minister should count Nigeria out of his plan to export gay marriage all over the world, because Nigeria is not part of such thing.

According to him, Nigerians have their own values and cannot go against God’s original plan for marriage, saying that if the prime minister has plan to export gay marriage, against God’s original plan for marriage, that means he is trying to play God.

Notable social crusaders, among them Lagos based lawyer, Mr Festus Keyamo, President of the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL), Mr. Fred Agbaje, Mr Debo Adeniran and President of Campaign for Democracy, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin also reacted to the British prime minister’s controversial declaration saying that gay marriage is alien to Nigeria’s culture.

They faulted the move by the British government to encourage gay marriage in the country, saying the move runs contrary to the culture and the constitution of the country.

Source: Vanguard

TELL YOUR FRIENDS