Breaking News

‘I’ll vote for Gov. Oshiomhole If he runs for President’ - Gov. Fashola


Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola thinks his Edo State counterpart, Adams Oshiomhole will make a damn good President of Nigeria.

Speaking at a youth summit organised by the Edo State Government with the theme ‘Nigeria’s centenary: Defining the issues and setting the agenda for the future of our youths’, Fashola said Edo State had witnessed unbelievable transformation when juxtaposed with his days as an undergraduate in the Capital City of Benin and a lot of that has had to do with Oshiomhole’s hands on approach to infrastructural improvement.

“If Governor Adams Oshiomhole decides to run as President of this country, he will have my vote. He is the kind of leader that Nigeria needs. I say that because, I have spent five memorable years of my life in Benin City as an undergraduate and as a youth corps member and they are very fond memories that I hold dear in
my heart today”, Fashola said.

“On my way here, I drove past my former office on Sapele Road and clearly the place has been transformed. And the Airport Road is now wider. I know what Ring Road used to be like and Akpakpava Road. It is nice to know that tourism is back, flights are regular and you have done it because you have allowed yourselves to be led by a man who can inspire you to act. And I don’t think anybody can claim the credit for what has happened here if not the people of Edo State.”

Fashola and Oshiomhole both share an admiration for the other. In a recent interview, Oshiomhole had said he borrowed Fashola’s Lagos urban renewal road map to get Edo State working again.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS