Breaking News

“I feel more powerful at Manchester City”…Bacary Sagna reveals why he left Arsenal

Sagna

Former Arsenal right-back, Bacary Sagna, has revealed why he left the North-London side, for Manchester City.
According to the French international, it was time to have a different experience from what he has had in his last 7 years at London.
“I am 31 and this was the right time for me to leave Arsenal. I wanted to see somewhere new, and to boost my career.
“I have left a family club, which I joined when I was very young, and where I have known Arsene Wenger all the time.
“But I am now part of a much deeper squad at City, where it’s even harder for me to win a first-team place. I feel more powerful than ever.
“It is what I was looking for. I needed it in order to go the extra mile,” Sagna said.
The 31-year-old added that he felt sympathy for Arsenal fans due to the regular departures of players.

“Arsenal are, and remain, a quality side. But I can understand their fans feeling frustrated when they see players moving to other clubs.”
The defender joined Manchester City as a free agent, after his contract at Arsenal expired. He will face greater competition for a starting role in Manuel Pellegrini’s star-studded squad, with Argentina international Pablo Zabaleta his main rival.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS