Breaking News

#DivorceDrama: Man asks court to end his marriage before he kills his wife

Law court rape

Samuel Nyeka, a 54-year-old Civil Servant, has filed a plea before an Igando Magistrate’s Court to dissolve their 20-year-old marriage to prevent him from committing murder.
He told the court that his 48-year-old wife, Charity does not respect him as her husband and is rather too aggressive.
He claimed his wife regularly rains curses on him and slaps him around anytime they have a quarrel. He begged the court to separate them before he retaliates and end up killing his wife.
“She is frustrating my life; I don’t always retaliate because if I do, I may kill her,’’ he said.
His wife agreed that the marriage should be dissolved accusing her husband of having tried to kill her once.
“He poisoned my food but God exposed him when he came to church that evening as the Holy Spirit arrested him and he confessed to have poisoned my dinner.
“One night, he also attempted to strangle me but I escaped and ran to our neighbour’s house.
“I am no longer interested in the marriage as I do not want to die,” she added.
The Court President, R.I Adeyeri granted the couple’s wish declaring the marriage dissolved.

“Both parties are no longer husband and wife and they are free to go their separate ways,” he ruled.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS