Breaking News

I can’t exchange my body for a movie role - Moet Abebe

 

SoundCity VJ Laura Monyeazo Abebe popularly known as Moet Abebe who recently debuted in Nollywood after starring in Zik Zulu Okafor’s latest soap, “Oasis” presents the picture of someone who would not easily succumb to the unholy idea of exchanging her body for a movie role.

moet-abebeIn a recent chat with HVP, the rising actress said, inasmuch as she is not desperate to feature in movies, it would be difficult for anyone to harass her sexually. She expressed this view, following the prevailing trend in the industry where rising actresses are tempted to exchange their bodies for movie roles.

According to her, “I can’t be sexually harrassed by any producer because I am not desperate to feature in movies. I am talented enough that a producer would want me to feature in his movie. I am not going to sell myself in order to feature in someone’s movie. I wouldn’t pose nude or sell myself in exchange for money.
Personally, I am comfortable, and I am not looking forward to making quick money.”

Moet, however, described the role she played in Zik Zulu’s “Oasis” as interesting, adding, “It was completely a different type of script, production and everything. It was almost like I started learning things afresh.”

The 23-year-old entertainer returned to Nigeria in 2011, after studying Law at Manchester University, UK. Moet, an aspiring model well known for her impeccable command of English Language, has featured in a couple of music videos including Lynxxx’s ‘Alabukun’ feat Banky W, Show Dem Camp’s ‘Getting you’, Wizkid’s ‘Pakurumo’. At Soundcity, she currently hosts the ‘1 on 1’ with Moet show and covers routine events.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS