Breaking News

Woman With Face And Body Heavily Burnt To Remove Mask


Dana Vulin has been wearing the mask for 30 months to cover the burns

This is the continuation of a dire story which left a beautiful young woman badly disfigured 2 and a half  years ago.
Dana Vulin has been wearing the mask for 30 months to cover the burns
Dana Vulin, aged 28, was doused with methylated spirits and set on fire by one Natalie Dimitrovska who did this out of jealousy over Dana’s beauty. Days after threatening gorgeous woman “I’m going to ruin your pretty little face”,  she committed a crime which left Dana in agonising pain and scores of operations ahead, Daily Mail recalls.

Dana Vulin has been wearing the mask for 30 months to cover the burns
Dana Vulin has been wearing the mask for 30 months to cover the burns
The victim suffered third-degree burns to two thirds of her body.
Today the strong woman is speaking with journalists as she prepares to take off her mask, which she has had to cover her face for the first time.
Dana Vulin before the attack
Dana Vulin before the attack

In the interview with Channel Seven’s Sunday Night show she said:
“In my wildest dreams in the beginning I didn’t for one second think I could look in the mirror and see the old Dana again…
“I’ve been faceless and it makes you feel like a nothing and a no one.”

Dana Vulin before the attack
Dana Vulin before the attack

About her life before and after the tragedy she said:
“I know who I am, but I’m beige. I don’t have any expressions on my face, you can’t see my mouth, you can’t see my nose, you can literally only see my eyeballs, not my eyebrows. It makes me feel like a faceless nothing, that’s the best way to describe it.”
Dana Vulin suffered burns to 2/3 of her body
Dana Vulin suffered burns to 2/3 of her body
Forced to wear a mask and a pressure suit between countless surgeries, Dana explained how she feels about her “ammunition”:
“I respect the s**t out of this mask, and I appreciate it, but I also hate its guts. Without it I couldn’t be where I am right now, but if I had a choice I’d rather endure physical pain than wear this mask.”
Before the attack the victim had long blond hair, watched fashion and attentively took care of her looks and minor details.
On if she had accepted her “new face” Dana confessed:
“Not one minute of my day is the same. Your exterior is a representation of your interior, and this is not me…my skin and my burns and my scars are obviously a part of me now, but this is not me. I’ve not been able to wear earrings, I had no hair so I haven’t been able to do anything with my hair, I’ve been fashion repeating for over two years. When I look in the mirror I see someone I know and someone I don’t know, does that make sense? It’s crazy what I’ve accepted as normal. It’s crazy that I’ve accepted wearing that mask all day and night normal, and having my face out as not normal and natural.”
The perception of “normal” has been modified in Dana’s mind, she now strives to remove the mask to understand who she is.
Dana Vulin to remove the mask this Sunday
Dana Vulin to remove the mask this Sunday

“It’s your identity, so I think in order for somebody to heal inside you have to heal on the outside. I have the right to have my face that I was born with back. Everyone has the right to have their face.”
It would be recalled that the assaulter was jailed for 17 years on October 11. It was found out during the trial that  Dimitrovska had planned the attack and threatened Dana with “ruining” her “pretty face”.

Dana Vulin after the trial of Dimitrovska
Dana Vulin after the trial of Dimitrovska

The world is yet to see Vulin’s new face this Sunday. Ahead of the crucial day, which is expected by millions, she says:
“I am a strong person, and more than anything that I’ve learnt in my burn is that I will never change and I know the person I am, and confident in the woman that I am.”

TELL YOUR FRIENDS