Breaking News

This Transgender Model wants to Become the first Brit Mum AND Dad of the Same Baby


A transgender model wants to become the first Brit mum AND dad of the same baby.


Fay Purdham hopes to raise £100,000 to find a surrogate to give birth - using her own frozen sperm.

The 27-year-old, who was born Kevin McCamley, said:
“Even before I knew I wanted to become a woman, I wanted to be a mother. I have transitioned to my chosen gender, but it’s a huge task and cost to do this, so I’ve set up a Go Fund Me page up to help me on my journey to become a mother and have my dreams come true. 
It has cost £60k in surgery to become a woman, half paid by the NHS, and it’s another £100k to pay for a surrogate to provide me with eggs and carry the child.”
Fay, from Newcastle, would become the child’s adoptive mother and biological father by using her own sperm which was frozen when she was a man.

The model, who changed her name by deed poll at 19 and had her first surgery at 21, is also planning to wed long-term boyfriend and childhood pal Chris Dodd.


And last week she came third in the first Miss Transgender UK finals after winning the regional final three weeks ago.

But things have not always been so happy for Fay, who was badly bullied as a child.

She said:
“I was tortured growing up because I was feminine. I was told by so many people that I was gay, I felt that it was imposed upon me. But I wasn’t, I was transgender. I feel like recently I really emerged from the shell I had to create, my armour against the world.”

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

No comments