Breaking News

‘'I won’t join Atiku in PDP’' – Aisha Alhassan aka Mama Taraba says

?

Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan, says she will not be joining former Vice President and her political godfather, Atiku Abubakar, in PDP. It has always been speculated that Alhassan would join Atiku in PDP after he announced his defection to the party in December last year.
However in a telephone caht with Premium Times, Alhassan, who is popularly known as Mama Taraba, said she will remain in the APC.
“Politics is all about interest, and nobody forced me to leave PDP to join APC, so no one will force me out of it. I will continue to work for APC and that’s why I travelled out to
Taraba State, to campaign for our party’s candidate Sanusi Jambawaile. I know many may wish to see me leaving APC, but let me assure them I will remain in APC! So, how can I destroy the house we collectively built?”
Although, she declined comment on Atiku’s defection from the APC, she said the party “is intact in Taraba State. There is no squabble or faction, and our great party APC in Taraba is intact. That’s why we all work and campaigned together with His Excellency the former acting governor UTC. So, we are one. No problem as some of you thought,’’.
Alhassan last year said that her loyalty to Atiku supercedes that of President Buhari. In a chat with BBC Hausa, Alhassan had said that even if President Buhari and ATiku were contesting for president in 2019, she will campaign for Atiku.
“Atiku is my godfather even before I joined politics. And again, Baba Buhari did not tell us that he is going to run in 2019. Let me tell you today that if Baba said he is going to contest in 2019, I swear to Allah, I will go before him and kneel and tell him that ‘Baba I am grateful for the opportunity you gave me to serve your government as a minister but Baba just like you know I will support only Atiku because he is my godfather. If Atiku said he is going to contest.” she said in the interview

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

No comments