Breaking News

My Tenure Expires In June - Emefiele


The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria,Godwin Emefiele, has reacted to reports that he
 has been removed from office.

Speaking in Abuja on Tuesday, Emefiele described the reports which made the rounds
on some online platforms on Monday as concerning.

“I am confused and concerned about some stories going around. At least you can see me; I
am doing my work, my tenure expires in June,” the CBN Governor said.

Emefiele was appointed as CBN governor in June 2014 by Goodluck Jonathan. Prior to his appointment, he was the Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Zenith Bank Plc.

On Monday, reports emerged that the Federal Government had asked him to proceed on leave, more than two months before the expiration of his five-year tenure.

While dismissing the reports, Emefiele is optimistic that the intervention programmes of Central Bank would continue with or without him.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

No comments