Breaking News

Nations Cup: “I Will Strip To My Shorts If We Win The Trophy” – Enyeama


As the Africa Cup of Nations kicks off this weekend in South Africa, Super Eagles goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, has vowed that if Nigeria wins the tournament, he will go half naked.
Enyeama, who is on loan at Maccabi Tel Aviv from Ligue 1 side Lille, is likely to be in between the posts for Stephen Keshi’s team, after Austine Ejide picked up a thigh injury.
“It will be a dream come true and I am certain I will strip to my shorts. Yes, let everyone hear it that I will strip to my shorts if we are champions,” the former Enyimba goalie said.
Beyond the continental fiesta, Enyeama is looking to keep playing till he is 40 years or more.
 
“I aim to keep playing until am 40 years old. If possible I wish to play till I am 42. I work hard and I am focused. I know that if I do as little as I did today (he spoke to supersport.com after the Super Eagles’ victory over Dutch side Sparta Rotterdam) in more matches then I can easily play that long.”
The stopper however said he takes each match as it comes, even as Nigeria awaits its first trophy in 19
years.
“Personally, I do not think we are looking at the trophy for now. We want to win the first game, then the next and then the one after that,” he said.
“Nigerians should have faith in us, believe the best of us and pray for us. It is not beyond our abilities to win the competition with God on our side.”

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

No comments