Breaking News

‘My Daddy Raped Me 4 Times, He Wanted To Get Me Pregnant' - 14 years old Primary 5 Lagos Girl


A 14-year old Primary 5 pupil who lived alone with her father at Bishop Oluwole Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, has told the police that her father, Ikoro Nwafor John, 57, raped her four times between March and May 2013 after giving her N200 to go to school every day.

John was arrested by the police at the Bar Beach Division and arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrate’s Court, Lagos, on a one count charge of allegedly forcefully having unlawful and indecent carnal knowledge of a minor without her consent.

Narrating her ordeal in the hand of her father to the police in her statement, the little girl allegedly said: 
“After asking my mother that she should reunite me with my father, she brought me to my father in Lagos, from her sister’s place in the eastern part of Nigeria where she dropped me after she separated from my father few years ago.  
I was happy to be reunited with my father.  My father enrolled me in a primary school in Victoria Island, Lagos, and he was giving me N200 every day to go to school and each time I came back he would advise me not to allow men to deceive me and ruin my future.
But I was surprised my father later started telling me that since my mother has divorced him, I would replace her as his wife and bear him a child. I thought he was joking until one night he came into my room to give me N200 to go to school the following day and suddenly, he pounced on me, removed my pant and forcefully inserted his organ inside my private part.  As I was screaming he started begging me not to shout because neigbhours would hear.
He did the same thing three more times to me, with a promise to buy me a car and take me to London for site seeing. 
When I told my mother when she came to check me how my father was abusing me sexually, she said that was not her business. 
When my father gave me another N200 to have sex with me, I told him he was a stupid father and he started beating me. 
I reported the matter to my head teacher who informed the police and he was arrested. I am begging the government to punish my father for defiling me.”
In his defence, John allegedly denied the allegation, saying his daughter lied against him to enable her continue to follow her boyfriend.

The accused pleaded not guilty to the charges, but the police prosecutor, Supol E.C. Ekuma opposed his oral bail on the ground that the offence the accused committed is not an ordinary one.

The presiding magistrate ordered the accused remanded in prison custody till 5 June, 2013 when his written bail application may be considered.
PMNews

TELL YOUR FRIENDS