Breaking News

Alex Ferguson's Book: Rooney Loves Ozil


During Wayne Rooney’s contract stand-off with Manchester United in October 2010, chief executive David Gill contacted Sir Alex Ferguson to explain the striker would be paying the manager a visit.
At that meeting, he [Rooney] was hugely sheepish. I felt he’d been programmed in what he was trying to say. The basis of his complaint was that we were not sufficiently ambitious.

My response was to ask Wayne: ‘When have we not challenged for the league in the last 20 years? How many European finals have we been to in the last three or four years?

I told him to say we weren’t ambitious was nonsense. Wayne said that we should have pursued Mesut Ozil,
who had joined Real Madrid from Werder Bremen.

My reply was that it was none of his business who we should have gone for. I told him it was his job to play and perform. My job was to pick the correct teams. And so far I had been getting it right.
READ MORE:  http://news.naij.com/50311.html

TELL YOUR FRIENDS