Breaking News

Why I Converted From Chritianity To Islam - Liz Anjorin


Few weeks back, Yoruba actress Liz Anjorin surprised her fans when news and pictures that she travelled to Mecca to perform this year’s  pilgrimage alongside her colleague, Kemi Korede hit the internet.
Lizzy later confirmed she had indeed changed religion and also her name from Elizabeth to Aisha which she now wishes to be addressed as.
Speaking with City People recently, Liz Anjorin explained why she made the switch.
She said:
It happened in a miraculous way which I have been expecting for long, not that I woke up yesterday and decided to change my religion.  
By birth, I was half Muslim and half Christian. My father was Christian while my mum was Muslim. Growing up I went to church because of my father. I didn't have a choice at the time but I have always had interest in Islam so immediately my father died I switched over to my mum's religion.  
It is a religion I love so much. Also Aisha is now my official name though Liz is still my name and I will continue to use the name to do movies.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS