Breaking News

I Sleep With Knife Because I Fear My Husband Will Attack Me – Woman Tells Court

 

A woman, Suliat Onakoya, on Monday, August 18 urged the Customary Court, Agege, to dissolve her marriage to Waheed Onakoya over threat to her life.
Suliat told the cout saying: “This is the second year he left home and I have been responsible for our rent. Each time he comes home, he would always threaten to beat me to death if I don’t leave his house. He told the landlord to eject me, but he couldn’t because I don’t owe him.
“I sleep with a knife because I am afraid he may attack me at night. I was hinted by my co-tenants that he beat his previous wife to a coma. He beats me over trivial issues. I don’t love him anymore; I want a dissolution,” she pleaded.
Mr. Onakoya, however denied his wife’s allegation saying: “I work in a neighboring state; I only come home at weekends. Painfully, I once caught my wife with another man in our room. She enjoys listening to gossips. However, I love her and still want to be part of her.”
The court president, Mr Philip Williams, advised the parties to maintain peace and urged Suliat to stop
sleeping with a knife.
He fixed a medication session for the couple and ordered each of them to bring two relations.
The case was adjourned till September 11 by the court president.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS