Breaking News

We listen to Nigerian songs more in South Africa – Vusi Nova


South African singer, Vusi Nova, during a visit to Nigeria told Saturday Beats that Nigerian musicians are on a different level when it comes to African music. The light-skinned singer said that to be relevant in the African music scene, a singer has to come to Nigeria before he/she can make a mark on the continent.
Nova revealed that Nigerian music is mostly played in South Africa even more than South African songs.
“I think Nigerian musicians are in a league of their own. In South Africa we are doing well, our industry is growing but it cannot be compared with Nigeria’s. Basically if you want to be relevant in the African music scene you have to come to Nigeria first. I mean Nigeria has the highest number of international collaborations. That counts for something. I know for a fact that we listen to Nigerian music more in South Africa. This is my second visit to Nigeria; the first was for a movie award. Given the chance, I would love to do a song with Omawumi because she has great vocals. Her vocals are very lovely and wonderful and I believe that if we do a song together it would become a global hit song. I know I am doing a song with
D’banj and hopefully Davido,” Nova said.
The South African said that music has always been his life ambition and was lucky to have had a mother that supported his dream. He expressed sadness that his parents died before he became an established act on the continent.
“For me, music has always been my plan A and B. I studied music in school. I was raised by a single parent and she was the most amazing mother in the world. She supported me all through in whatever I wanted to do. She is dead and I really miss her because she was a wonderful mother. My father died when I was two years old. It would have been great if my parents are alive, to see the reaction on their faces as I have made a name for myself in my country and my continent. I am sure they would have been proud of me,” he said.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS