Breaking News

Borno Governor Turns Back Jigawa Trekker, Urges Him To Embark On Prayers


Babagana Zulum, the state governor of Borno, has advised a Nigerian youth trekking in his honour to abort the mission.

Mr Zulum who expressed appreciation, also advised the trekker, one Usman Zubairu, who is said to be trekking from Jigawa State to Maiduguri, to rather embark on prayers for the state and the country at large.

“No, thank you, brother Usman Zubairu,” the governor said in series of tweets, Friday evening.

“Evening, everyone. I came across an interesting tweet indicating that a passionate brother, Usman Zubairu, has embarked on an adventurous trek from Jigawa to Maiduguri in my honour.

“I deeply appreciate Malam Usman’s daring support, I strongly appeal that he aborts his courageous mission.

“To me, he has reached Maiduguri already. I urge us to put Borno and the rest of Nigeria in our silent prayers. That divine way of support can be more effective,” he added.

KEVID NEWS understands that the trekker who began the journey on Wednesday and has not arrived his destination as at press time, Saturday evening.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

No comments